18 May 2008

Flughafen

Airport. The only german word I've managed to retain thus far. Finally, a proper post. But first, why is it that I am able to get the Flyers 'Guins game streaming live in Zurich ONLY to have Philadelphia get their asses handed to them 5-0 in regulation? This hurts me.

Okay the good stuff. The powers that be have been threatening "torrential rain" for days, so we've stuck close to home, though we haven't really had more than a sprinkle or two. Yesterday we went downtown to Zurich proper - checked out a really steep park, some expensive jewelry, some swings, some hills. etc. We also went to the most bad ass flea market on earth where, among other sweet finds, we purchased the roaming gnomes. Get ready.

Today we went to the botanical gardens - its like the rain forest in Switzerland! Its huge! It was all foggy and humid and fabulous. My pores were like, "ahhhhhhh." Approximately.

Erin comes in tomorrow and then we're off to Rome and Florence (!) on Wednesday. It'll be the first time I've been back since study abroad. I'll probably cry. Per usual.

Pictures will follow, as soon as I learn how to work Rick's computer.

No comments: