17 June 2008

The Water

First day of work yesterday - I taught a women's only class. There were about ten women who had pretty much never been in the water before and one who had had lessons for a few years. I volunteered to work with her, we'll call her S. Many of our women take the class because their religious beliefs don't allow them to be in bathing suits around men, S is one of these women. Her freestyle was pretty good so we tweaked it a little bit and then she told me she was afraid to swim in the center lanes and wants to work on her confidence level. Being me - I stuck her right in that lane and we swam about four laps together - she did GREAT. This class brings me back to the days of working at Slim and Tone - the women are just so excited to have someone to work with them!

Since I'm only teaching two days this week, Mom and I went down the shore today. It was pretty nice and we both made it back alive - and no one cried. All very rare happenings when we're left alone for too long. The roommates start trickling in starting tomorrow - thank god. Its getting a tad lonely in here.

No comments: