10 September 2008

Ready

I think that my hiatus from life has lasted long enough. Things are looking a little brighter since I started working on my Art History pre-recs for graduate school. That in itself was a battle. Like all good college students, I finished all my major and minor work in four years, but was left with a very exciting algebra class (or two) to push me into the purgatory of fifth year senior.

This is no one's fault but my own, as I put off taking the placement test until.......April. Whatever. I was sure that I couldn't possibly be the only senior at RU to pull this crap. I was wrong. The professor opened the first class by taking a poll of how many of us were freshmen (everyone) and then proceeded to congratulate said freshmen on being in their first college class. Listen up, buddy ( I was want to say) this is my LAST class, so if we could just move on to x's and y's I'd be a lot happier. Thanks.

Upon returning home I hid my head in the sand for about a week, and here we are today. To alleviate some of the feeling that New Brunswick is sucking away my will to live I started taking Art History prerequisites in the hopes that RU will take me back in the coming years to do my master's work. Here you have to have six classes of Art History completed before you can be considered for the program. I feel like I've got just a little bit of direction now, and thats nice.

Work hasn't started yet (not until Saturday) so my afternoons consist of napping and gymming. This may sound all well and good but I think its leading to moping and complaining (more than usual).

I am awaiting the light at the end of New Brunswick.

No comments: