04 November 2008

4 November

I voted today.

For the last Presidential election I was living pretty far below the Mason Dixon line and was forced to vote via absentee ballot, which we all know is complete bull shit and are never really counted, anyway. College, I thought, was supposed to be a place of higher, liberal education - and I welcomed this coming from an uppity private school. But the 'lon was, of course, not this way at all. Club Med, as I affectionately referred to it for the better part of my stint there, was such that the niece of that unmentionable current President lived in my building. I was a blue dot in a sea of red. And even though I had to sojourn all the way to Mercer County, NJ today (home of more than a few of the redneck variety of Republicans) I felt much more positive about my November 4th then I did four years ago. I'm happy that all this will be over soon, but I am glad to be a part of it right now.

No comments: