27 July 2008

I Want Your Sex

Yesterday was one of those days when the stars align, the god's are smiling, and other good things of that nature are happening. It began friday morning when fifth-grade-teacher-chris announced that he would love nothing more than to venture to citizen's bank arena, see the liberty bell, and attempt to get some cheap seats to george michael. A lofty idea, sir. I admire your notion of fair odds.

I proceeded on my hunt for tickets, since Phils - Braves is obviously sold out. I thought I did pretty well - 80 bucks for two on the first level, but behind the foul pole. Whatever. I'll take it. It turns out, that in a cruel twist of fate - stub hub totally eff'd me, only charging me for one! WTF am I going to do with ONE phil's ticket? I bit the bullet and just bought some cheap seats - no matter, we didn't sit in them anyway.

We get down to the city of brotherly love: fifth-grade-teacher-chris gets his historic walking tour of the liberty bell etc., Erin get's a cheesesteak from Steaks on South (not our fav place, but it'll do), I get possibly the best game I've ever seen with a 10-9 win after what was the most brutal inning in the history of baseball. We're happy. We're content. We're trying to see george michael!

It had been previously decided that we'd pay no more than 25 bucks for tickets - we had already resigned to sit in the nose bleeds. We score the cheap seats for 24 dollars, but as luck would have it Mr. Michael neglected to sell out Wachovia, and we were thusly upgraded to section 103, right in the middle of one giant gay pride parade. It was amazing - but I was totally expecting more glitter. He sang the classics, the new stuff, and much to fifth-grade-teacher-chris' despair neither "Wake me up" or " I want your sex" - but let's be real Chris, beggars can't be choosers.

And so now I leave you with Anne Longstreet's favorite George Michael song - his second encore of last night. Cheers!


No comments: